Region :- Uttarakhand
Duration :- 6 Days
Category :- Easy
Max Altitude :- 15,696 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 38 Kms.
Group Departures Dates on:
[July: 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30 & 31] [Aug: 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27 & 28]
A risked disclosure on a lost way made by English traveller Frank Smith in 1931 brought about the world welcoming the enchanting Valley Of Flowers. His book by a similar name drummed up some excitement among nature lovers, making the Valley Of Flowers Trekking a standout amongst the most looked for after treks since then.
Encircled by seven snow clad peaks and their associated glaciers, it reflects its surroundings enchantingly on its crystal clear serene waters. Roosted gracefully under the watchful eyes of the towering Himalayan peaks securing the quiet environs, the valley is situated at a height of 3,858m. The best time to see the valley in full bloom is from mid July to mid August.
With a large number of species of wild flowers such as saxifrags, sediams, lilies, poppy, calendular, daisies, geranium, zinnia and petunia, the valley additionally holds many streams that add on to the natural beauty. The rich bio diversity is likewise home for several species of butterflies and insects too.
Day 1 - Haridwar - Govindghat via Joshimath and Devaprayag (Drive 260km/ 10hrs)
Around 6am, assemble at Haridwar Railway Station, drive to reach Joshimath (1874 mt / 253Km) which is the winter homestead of Lord Badrinath. Enroute pass Devaprayag to witness the sacred conversion of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda Rivers to shape the River Ganges. Evening arrive at Joshimath, a midpoint for different religious journey areas. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 2 - Trek from Govindghat to Ghangaria (Trek 14km/ 4hrs)
After breakfast, drive to achieve Govindghat (1828 mt/22Km). Today begins Valley Of Flowers Trekking from Govindghat to reach Ghangaria(3049 mt/14 km Trek) with packed lunch. Ghangaria is otherwise called Govind Dham. It is the base camp for going to Hemkund Sahib and Valley of flowers. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 3 - Trek from Ghangaria to Valley Of Flowers and back (Trek 5km, one-way/ 5hrs)
This day denote the very explanation behind your whole high altitude Valley Of flowers trek. Begin your day with a wholesome breakfast. Scale a stature of 3,858m to land at the Valley Of flowers. This sight is a devour to the eyes and treat for the spirit.
Admire one of nature's finest manifestations as you are left stunned seeing a variety of a large number of blossoms in full sprout. The myriad palette with a multitude of colour shades rests against the watchful gazes of the mighty Himalayas. Making an appealing canvas, the valley has a few streams calmly wandering through it. The wild greenery creates a rich eco-framework for many species of flying creatures, butterflies, and insects as well. Many profound moment after the fact start your return trek to Ghangaria. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel/ camp.
Day 4 - Trek from Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib (4,329m)
Early in the morning begin trekking (7 Km) to reach "HEMKUND SAHIB" to visit the religious site where Guru Gobind Singh is said to have meditated in a previous life. A standout amongst the most adored of every single Sikh Altar, The Hemkund Sahib, the World's most astounding Gurudwara, is situated at an elevation of 4,329 mts. Toward the evening trek down to reach Ghangaria for overnight stay at the hotel hotel/camp.
Day 5 - Trek from Ghangaria to Govindghat and drive to Joshimath
After breakfast, take the same trek route from Ghangaria to Govindghat. From Govindghat, drive to Joshimath. If you desire, you can tour Auli in the evening. Overnight stay at Joshimath.
Day 6 - End of Valley Of Flowers Trekking journey. Drive from Joshimath to Haridwar
Leave Joshimath early for your return journey home from Haridwar. Take back a mosaic of amazing memories with you.
- Hotel/Camp on triple sharing basis
- 5 Breakfast
- 5 Lunch
- 5 Dinner
- Tea and snacks
- Accommodation (5 nights on triple sharing basis)
- Veg meals while on trek
- Trekking equipment
- Necessary permits
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced trek leader, guide, and support staff
- Anything not included in inclusions.
- Service tax
- Transportation from Haridwar (begin) to Haridwar (end) can be provided at an additional cost (choose 'Including Transport' while booking the package).Toyota, Innova, Mahindra, Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio, Rhythm Explorer or comparative sort of vehicle.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Warm shirt/ light micro fleece pullover/ full sleeve T shirt
- Water resistant trekking pants
- Windproof/ water resistant jacket, down jacket with min 600 fill power rating
- Thick Fleece/ Full-sleeve woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear
- Woollen cap, Inner fleece gloves, outer water proof gloves
- Thick woollen socks and regular socks
- Scarf/ muffler (optional)
- Comfortable waterproof Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a thick sole, Camp shoes
- Raincoat/ Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
- Cap/ floppy, Sun glasses
- Sturdy walking stick/ Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Torch/ Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Personal medication
- Personal toiletries
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.